Hertfordshire Wedding Cakes and Events
A personal service for your Wedding cake or Special Occasion.
You have set the date, chosen the venue and now you need that piece de resistance for that table next to yours (or perhaps you don't have a clue what to do first!). Either way, I am a fully-qualified chef working around Borehamwood in Hertfordshire, London, specialising in sugarcraft. So, I am at your service to prepare and decorate your Wedding Cake, Birthday Cake or any other special occasion cake.
I have created and delivered many wedding cakes, birthday cakes and special occasion cakes. I can also supply custom-made cake toppers. In the course of my activities, I have also overseen many small and large-scale wedding functions; so whatever your catering needs I am available to offer you custom made cakes, free no obligation quotes (and advice by phone) and/or catering planning assistance.
I am passionate about cakes. Above all, I enjoy making them. The cakes I make can be of different:
- Shapes - including round, square, heart, or a wonky or wonkey cake style!
- Decor - my speciality is sugarcraft flower design and cake decoration. Whether it be lilies, roses, daisies, or any other flower, they can be created with icing sugar (and thus be eaten).
- Ingredients - What is underneath the icing can be a surprise; you have options other than the traditional Madeira. Your cake can equally be composed of chocolate, simple sponge & jam, carrot, banana, coffee (or most other flavours of your choice), or can even be an icy Pavlova. The mix can be nut-free and I can try and accommodate vegan diets wherever possible. Like your wedding, birthday or special occasion, a cake can be a great moment to mix and match bringing different flavours together. So, if you are a chocoholic but your partner is more of a fruitcake, your tastes can certainly be catered for!
- Sizes - cakes can be traditionally large and tiered, but also small and individual and piled high. For children's parties, custom-decorated cupcakes are very popular, and cascades of iced fairy-cakes are equally gaining popularity at wedding events, but I can also make a mountain of profiteroles if you want something classic.
- Tiers - I can make two-tiered wedding cakes, traditional three-tiered wedding cakes, and even four-tiered wedding cakes.
Cakes can be made, of course, for different:
- Occasions - as well as creating custom-made wedding cakes, I make birthday cakes (for young and oldies), christening cakes, retirement cakes, theme cakes, and in effect any other special event cakes that you can think of. I can also create 'liberation' or divorce cakes (but hope to not make that many).
- Stands - I also have a variety of stands in stock, or can hire different ones if so required.
- Styles - in my gallery you will see cakes of different styles. I keep an eye the latest fashions and styles in wedding media, so if you don't see a style of cake you want in my cake gallery history, tell me what you are looking for and I will adapt to suit your request / needs. I certainly enjoy meeting client's creative challenges.
- Cake Toppers - I have just become associated with a custom-cake topper specialist. You can order models and figurines or scenes for whatever event you are celebrating.
- Budgets - I understand that not everyone wanting a cake (or a wedding) has a large budget, so as well as being highly competitive, I am happy to discuss the different ways you get a special occasion cake in front of your guests.
Wedding Cake Gallery
Take a look at my ever-expanding gallery of wedding cakes for Hertfordshire and North London events, Birthday Cakes and customised-cake toppers that can be delivered farther afield. Also take a look at some of my satisfied customer's feedback that I am now updating on my new site.
If you like the look of what you see in the birthday or wedding cake galleries, or in the NEW customised cake toppers section, then fill out my online form for a FREE no obligation quote for your desired cake. The quotation form is easy to fill out allowing you to communicate to me the various choices to be made for your special event. With all the details in advance that I would need, it is my most efficient way to give you an accurate and competitive price from the start. Alternatively you can simply email me your enquiry, questions or advice needed.
Choose your cake's decoration...
As for the decor, if you like what you see in the wedding cake gallery, in the customised cake toppers section, or even have your own decor for the idea, then fill out the wedding cake quotation form with the various choices before you and send me your request, or email me a message. When this is done, if the event is a long way off, we can communicate by email or phone. Closer to the event date, we can meet.
I create my cakes in Borehamwood, South Hertfordshire and include free-delivery within a 20 miles radius including Middlesex, North London, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
Good luck with your special day! All the best, Lorna.